Nasomet (Mometasone) is a corticosteroid demonstrating anti-inflammatory properties. The precise mechanism of corticosteroid’s action on allergic rhinitis is not known. Corticosteroids have been shown to have a wide range of effects on multiple cell types (e.g., mast cells, eosinophils, neutrophils, macrophages and lymphocytes) and mediators (e.g., histamine, eicosanoids, leukotrienes, and cytokines) involved in inflammation.
- Treats inflammation, root out the root cause of nasal congestion
- More approved indications than other inhaled corticosteroids.
- Effective and safe in the treatment of nasal polyps.
- Effective and safe treatment option for pediatric patients.
- Safe for children as young as of 2 years.