Tofen Eye Drops
Tofen (Ketotifen) is a sterile ophthalmic solution containing ketotifen for topical administration to the eyes. Ketotifen is a relatively selective, non-competitive histamine antagonist (H1-receptor) and mast cell stabilizer. Ketotifen inhibits the release of mediators from cells involved in hypersensitivity reactions. Decreased chemotaxis and activation of eosinophils has also been demonstrated.
Tofen is indicated for the temporary prevention of itching of the eye due to allergic conjunctivitis. The recommended dose is one drop in the affected eye(s) every 8 to 12 hours.
Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use. Patients who wear soft contact lenses and whose eyes are not red, should be instructed to wait at least ten minutes after instilling the drug before they insert their contact lenses.
Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients below the age of 3 years have not been established. Every dropper bottle contains 5 ml of sterile solution. Each ml contains Ketotifen Fumarate BP equivalent to Ketotifen 0.25 mg.
beginning therapy for all types of allergic conjunctivitis
- Triple acting and first line therapy for all types of allergic conjunctivitis.
- Potent antihistaminic action to relieve itchy eyes within minutes.
- Stabilizes mast cell to provide extended relief for up to 12 hours.
- Prevents the release of chemical mediators to stop the late phase allergic reactions.
- Safe and effective treatment option for children with allergic conjunctivitis.