Decomit® HFA is a metered dose inhaler (MDI) contains beclomethasone dipropionate. It is environment friendly inhaler which contains ozone-benign propellant replacing CFC propellant. Decomit HFA is indicated in the maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in patients 5 years of age and older. Beclomethasone dipropionate is also indicated for asthma patients who require systemic corticosteroid administration, where adding Beclomethasone dipropionate may reduce or eliminate the need for the systemic corticosteroids.
- Decomit HFA is an advanced HFA formulation of beclomethasone dipropionate solution with an average particle size of 1.1 micron. The small extrafine particles achieved in Decomit HFA results in greater drug deposition in the lungs, including the large, intermediate, and small airways, and less deposition in the oropharynx.
- Because of local actions, greater drug deposition in the lungs is not associated with greater systemic side effects.
- Decomit HFA because of having small particle size, effectively treats inflammation in the large, intermediate and small airways of the lungs.
- Decomit HFA also ensures minimal drug deposition in the mouth and throat.
- Moreover, because of efficient delivery Decomit HFA improved asthma control at less than half the dose of CFC-BDP
- Being solution, Decomit HFA
- Remains stable in hot & humid climate
- Does not require shaking before use