Terbex® is a preparation of Terbinafine hydrochloride. Terbinafine is an allylamine with a range of antifungal activity. It is fungicidal against dermatophytes, moulds and certain dimorphic fungi. Terbinafine is either fungicidal or fungistatic against yeasts, depending on the species. Terbinafine interferes with fungal ergosterol biosynthesis by inhibiting squalene epoxidase in the fungal cell membrane at an early stage. This leads to a deficiency in ergosterol and to intracellular accumulation of squalene, resulting in fungal cell death. Terbex® cream is indicated for the treatment of the following dermatological infections: interdigital tinea pedis (Athlete's foot), tinea cruris (jock itch) or tinea corporis (ring worm) due to susceptible organisms and planter tinea pedis (mocasin type) due to Trichophyton spp. Terbex® tablet is indicated for the treatment of onychomycosis of the toe nail or finger nail due to dermatophytes and also by non-dermatophyte fungi.
- Outstanding Pharmacokinetic Profile to ensures treatment success
- Provides alternative, superior therapy in difficult skin fungal infections
- Offers better treatment option in difficult-to-treat fungal infections
- Faster & effective relief from tinea infections
- Broad spectrum of antifungal activity
- Lower relapse rate & greater patients compliance